Pann Mill sits at the eastern end of High Wycombe and is a gateway to the Rye open space. It is the last operating water mill on the river Wye, a tributary of the Thames. There have been mills on the site since at least 1086, and probably earlier. The previous Georgian mill was substantially altered in the late 19th and early 20th centuries and mostly demolished in 1971. However, the High Wycombe Society saved the remains and the site, which is leased from High Wycombe Council, and a restoration project was started which continues to this day.
The mill is located on the A40 London Road, at the Eastern end of the town.
Access for those with limited mobility is available to the ground floor.
Buses from the East stop close by. Other buses stop in the Town Centre or at the Eden Centre bus station, about a 10 minute walk.
Chiltern Railways' High Wycombe station is about 5 minutes walk away.
Large public car parks are close by. The nearest is across the road from the mill where parking costs £1.00 all day on Sundays. However, payment must be made by card or 'phone, not cash.
If you have any queries please contact us:
manager at pannmill.org.uk
Or use our contact form.
The project team is very small and, at present, we are unable to open more frequently. However, for educational or special needs something can usually be arranged, although actual milling will not be possible.
We can also provide illustrated talks to local groups or organisations. Please contact us for more information.